Integration to university community
At the moment of being accepted as exchange student, you'll get the same rights and obligations than any regular student of the University of Guadalajara as expressed on its Organic Law.
- To receive the teaching offered by the University.
- Obtain a diploma or grade through the approval of tests and other prerequisites.
- To reunite, associate and express inside the University your opinion about Institutional affairs, with no other limitations than avoiding the break ofUniversity activities and maintain a sense of decorum and respect to the Institution and its members.
- Take part on the government organs of the University.
- Perform activities in benefit of the Institution.
- To study and fulfill the other activities which derives from the courses.
- Cooperate through your economic support for improving the University, so it can achieve the most of its mission.
- Perform the social work activities as student, as established by the University.
- Perform academic activities in terms of the plans and programs of study.
- Any others established.
Note: For more information please refer to the full document in the Normatividad section of the website (Spanish).
Student ID card
It's very important you get the student ID card in your University Center. It will help you as document of identification while you stay in Mexico and you could obtain benefits as discounts in museums, cinemas and local public transport; also during the vacations you can obtain discounts on foreign road transport.
Number of courses
Each course has a value between 9 and 11 credits. It's suggested just like the local students to course between 30 and 90 credits per grade.
To get the right to evaluation into the ordinary period it's necessary:
- To be registered in the course and
- Hold a minimum of 80% of classroom attendance during the course.
The evaluation on extraordinary period provides to students the opportunity to credit a course when they don't achieve an approving note during the continuous evaluation period.
There's an exception in the case of courses where subjects require repetition of the course. The evaluation in ordinary period is neither applicable for postgraduate courses.
In courses that are imparted in non-conventional modes, the evaluation in extraordinary periods applies depending on the actual plan of study.
The final result of evaluations will be expressed in a scale between 0 and 100 expressed on integers, considering the 60 as the minimum required for approval. Some courses are not evaluated in a numeric scale and only can be certified as approved (A) or not approved (NA).
Table of notes
Around the world there are different ways to express the acquired by the students. The next is a conversion table between the percentage and the academic performance as the scale used by UdeG.
|90 - 99||90% - 99%||Very good|
|80 - 89||80% - 89%||Good|
|70 - 79||70% - 79%||Regular|
|60 -69||60% - 69%||Enough|
|Less than 59||0% - 59%||Not enough|
|SD||--||Without right to evaluation|
Integration to University Center
The Unity of Scholarships and Academic Exchange of the University Center you are attending is the first window for attention during your stay in the University of Guadalajara. They will support you with the procedure of integration of your academic letter, they'll assist you about the classroom and services you can found at the University Center and will be there to support you in anything you need.
You can get more information by visiting the website of the General Coordination of Cooperation and Internationalization.
Unity of Interinstitutional and International Relations
Address: López Cotilla 1043, Col. Centro, C.P. 44100, Guadalajara, Jalisco, México
Phone number: 52 (33) 3134 2276, 3134 2222 ext. 11765, 11770, 11767
Source: The information of international section was provided by the General Coordination for Cooperation and Internationalization.